BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Pre-Production ..... Screenplay of the story of The Monkey and The Crocodile


The Monkey and The Crocodile


SEQ 1

SCENE 1

EXT
RIVERSIDE
DAY

ESTABLISHING SHOT

Camera pans vertically from the sky to the trees near the river. Zooms in onto a particular black berry (jamun) tree. A monkey is sitting on the tree and eating jamuns which are as sweet as nectar.

SCENE 2

EXT
RIVERSIDE TREE
DAY

LONG SHOT

Monkey is sitting on the tree and eating fruits and in the meantime a crocodile comes out of the waters and takes rest under the tree on which the monkey lived. Monkey sees the crocodile taking rest under the tree. Monkey gets eager to talk to the crocodile.
MONKEY:
“As you are taking rest under my tree, you are my guest and it’s my duty to offer you food.”
Monkey then gives a lot of jamuns to the crocodile to eat.
                      CUT

SCENE 3

EXT
RIVERSIDE TREE
DAY

MEDIUM CLOSE SHOT

The crocodile eats the jamuns to his fill and thanks the monkey for his generosity and goes home. The crocodile starts coming ashore every day and enjoy the fruits offered by the monkey.
CUT



SCENE 4

EXT
RIVERSIDE TREE
FEW DAYS LATER

MEDIUM FULL SHOT

The crocodile asks the monkey for some jamuns to take for his wife. The monkey gives the fruits. The crocodile leaves for his home.
CUT

SEQ 2

SCENE 1

INT
CROCODILE HOUSE
DAY

WIDE CLOSE SHOT

The crocodile narrates the whole story to his wife. The wife eats the fruits and is overjoyed.
WIFE:
“Dear, if these fruits are so tasty, then the monkey who eats these fruits must be ten times tastier. Why don’t you bring the heart of this monkey for my meals?”
The crocodile is stunned to hear such words from his wife.
CROCODILE:
“Sweetheart, the monkey is my friend. It would not be fair to take his heart.”
The wife pleads to get monkey’s heart.
CUT


SEQ 1

SCENE 5

EXT
RIVER
NEXT DAY

LONG SHOT

The crocodile is swimming towards the monkey’s tree to meet him as usual. At the same time he is also thinking how he can get the monkey’s heart for his wife.
CUT

SCENE 6

EXT
MONKEY’S TREE
EVENING

MEDIUM CLOSE SHOT
The monkey is waiting for the crocodile’s daily visit.
CUT

SCENE 7

EXT
MONKEY’S TREE
EVENING

MEDIUM SHOT

The crocodile reaches the shore and meets the monkey.
CROCODILE:
“My wife and I invite you to our home for a dinner. My wife is very angry with me for not having you invited earlier.”
The monkey believes the crocodile.
MONKEY:
“I accept your invitation but how will I go with you? I don’t know how to swim.”
CROCODILE:
“Don’t worry. Come and sit on my back. I’ll take you to my house.”
The monkey sits on the crocodile’s back and they start their journey.
CUT

SCENE 8

EXT
RIVER
EVEINING

MEDIUM SHOT

The crocodile enter deep waters with an intention to kill the monkey. The monkey gets scared to see the water all around and asks the crocodile to move slowly. The crocodile then thinks that he can reveal his intentions to the monkey as he won’t be able to escape now.
CROCODILE:
“I am taking you to my home to please my wife. She wants to eat your heart. She says that since you eat tasty fruits day and night, your heart must be ten times tastier than those fruits.”
The monkey was taken aback to hear this words from his friend. He keeps his cool.
MONKEY:
“Oh dear! Why dint you tell me earlier? It would be my privilege to offer my heart to your charming wife. I usually keep my heart safely in the burrow of the tree. In order to serve my heart to your wife, I have to go back to get my heart.”
CUT

SCENE 9

EXT
RIVER
EVENING

MEDIUM FULL SHOT

The foolish crocodile swiftly swims back to the tree where monkey lived.
CUT

SCENE 10

EXT
MONKEY’S TREE
EVENING

MEDIUM SHOT

On reaching the bank, the monkey quickly jumped off the crocodile’s back and climbed up his home tree. Monkey was taking too long in getting his heart. The crocodile was getting impatient.
CROCODILE:
“What is the delay? Get your heart. My wife will be very happy.”
Monkey laughs on the crocodile.
MONKEY:
“My dear foolish friend. You have deceived me as a friend. Can anyone take out their heart and keep that in a burrow? It was all a trick to save my heart and teach a lesson to an unfaithful friend like you. Now go away and don’t ever come back.”
CUT

SCENE 11

EXT
RIVER
EVENING

LONG SHOT

The crocodile feels ashamed for his act and goes home with his head bent down.
CUT

0 comments: